Monday, March 9, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Here are a couple of conversations we have had with Samuel and Jacob recently.


Samuel: Mommy I am going to take a break (he says leaning back in his chair and chomping on a donut)
Minda: Sammy you make me laugh!
Samuel: Mommy I make myself laugh.


Minda: Jacob do you want to learn some Finnish?
Jacob: Sure Mommy!
Minda: Say oon poika. (translation: I am a boy)
Jacob: Oo poooka.
Minda: Try again, oon poika. (Jacob gets a screwed up look on his face and laughs a little)
Jacob: I can go to Ikea mommy. ( I guess he figured that Ikea was enough foreign language for him.)
Minda: Well that's a start Jakie.


Jacob had been jumping on Sam and Sam just wanted to lay on the couch because he was tired after church. Jacob kept jumping and Sam kept telling him to stop. I finally had to remove Jacob from the situation, then he went and got his blanket and joined Sam on the couch. At first I just thought Sam was tired but then I thought he looked a little sick.
Minda: Sammy are you sick?
Sammy: Yes mommy I am sick.
Minda: Why are you sick?
Sammy: Jakie

6 comments:

Jimmy and Wendy said...

ooh! I miss you guys! Your boys are the cutest!

Mark and Adrienne said...

How cute! And how old is Jacob and he already knows about Ikea!!!! He's a smart boy!

K said...

I can't believe how well the boys are talking. It always amazes me how young kids can communicate. You're really lucky. Hope all is well with you guys. We sure miss you.

Tami H. said...

Those are great!

Janadt.Huggins said...

Even though I heard some of these, they are still wonderful stories. Very well written Minda ;)

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

"Mommy, I make myself laugh" Made me laugh out loud!

You have some pretty darn cute boys Minda!