Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why I love having twins!

I recently read a blog entry from a twin mommy blog with this title. It really made me start to think about my boys and what advantages there are for our family because we have twins. Today I decided to make a list of all the good. (This is probably due to the fact that I have been focusing a lot on the whining and fighting that seems to emanate from these 2 1/2 year olds and decided to refocus my attention to the positive instead of the negative.)

Twin Top Ten List

10. I love to hear the boys talking to each other. My favorite thing to do is to stand next to their bedroom door and listen to their conversations before I get them out of their bed in the morning.
9. They love to give each other hugs. Usually this ends in a wrestling match between them and then a lot of laughing. They really do love each other.
8. They love to do the same things, which makes it easy when deciding what to play every day.

7. They always have a friend their age to do whatever they want with and usually that friend is willing to help with whatever the game.

6. Getting dressed in the morning is easy because their outfits usually are coordinating.
5. When one is sick, hurt, or sad the other feels a lot of compassion for his brother. They are always willing to do whatever they need to in order to cheer up their brother.

4. Usually there is always one happy child.3. One is always willing to eat the others food. It seems that they like different things, Sam is always willing to eat Jacob's vegetables and Fruit, and Jacob will always eat Sam's noodles.

2. Two boys make life more interesting. Somehow they seem to find things they aren't supposed to get into easier, it might be a little annoying, but it sure is entertaining. Especially when you find your boys on the patio covered head to toe in soot from the grill. Or find your boys sitting in the sink with their toothbrushes.
1. The number one top reason is: whenever we have the next one it will seem like a breeze. If I can survive Sammy and Jakie, I think I could survive anything. Well maybe not anything, but it hopefully will give me some advantage.

10 comments:

Tara & Jeff said...

Minda...you amaze me! I CAN'T imagine ever having twins and it looks like you do so much for your boys! Way to go Mom! How is life in Texas? When are you coming to IKEA again so we can get together? :)

K said...

I would have loved twins, but someone much smarter than me knew I couldn't handle it:) It takes special people to raise twins. You are very lucky indeed. The best reason for twins is that you never have to worry about raising an only child. There's a whole host of other issues that come with that one:) I can't believe they are 2 1/2 already! Hope all is well in Texas.

Brad and Cathy said...

Looks like a trip down memory lane. Give the boys a hug from us.

Camille Pedersen said...

Minday, your boys are growing so much.. they are so stinkin' cute! i can't believe they are already potty trained, thumbs up on that one!! you are a fabulous momma, i still remember some advise that you gave me about sleeping time.. i can only imagine the hard time i would have with naps and bedtime and etc... wow, it's fun to hear about what it's like with twins.

Robinson Family said...

Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe how much they have grown since we last saw you. I hope things are going well. We sure miss you.

Audrey said...

You are such a good Mom! Oh, and I am so happy for you that the boys are now potty-trained, I bet that is nice! Love ya!

Reid Family said...

They are so cute! I love your list! I loose it with one I can't imagine having two the same age! You are a wonderful mommy!!!

Cakes4U said...

I really loved this entry. The pictures as always, were wonderful, but I loved the top 10 things to love about twins. I am so impressed with you, and how well you are doing parenting those two sweet little boys. You guys are awesome and we are definitsly your fans. Hugs and kisses all around.

Lyndon said...

I love those two little guys, and am still mui jealous : )

Tami H. said...

No doubt about it. Only an amazing mom could do twins and I am sure it comes with an equally amazing reward in heaven. You are one great mom Minda and you can see it in your boys. Great pics. I LOVe the sweater vests.