Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spills and Chills

So this week has been one heck of a week. I didn't think anything could top my wonderful day that I had Tuesday, well I was wrong. Wednesday went well, false hope. On Thursday Samuel ignored the numerous warnings we have given him to not jump off the couch and decided to jump off landing on his arm and leaving him in a lot of pain. Nothing seemed broken so I just watched him all morning and put him down for a nap. After his nap it became evident that he wasn't ok. Alan took Sam to the emergency room and after a long time they came home. Sam got a new teddy bear, a coloring book with crayons and a brace for his arm. It seems that he has sprained his elbow, or so they think. We have to go the doctor this week to check him out again. The funniest thing was when Sam came home and Jacob saw him with his brace (it looks a bit like a cast with an ace bandage on it) and he gave Sam the funniest face I have ever seen him give anyone. He didn't quite know what to do with Sam wearing it on his arm. After a minute or two he finally was able to hug Sam. Even though it was only a few hours they were seperated Jacob really missed Sam. It was really cute. (Sorry I don't have any more pictures, our camera's batteries ran out and I couldn't find the charger, so I will post some more pictures soon, but here is one of Sam waiting in the hospital Alan took with his phone.)



Well on Friday we decided to brave the cold weather and go camping with our ward. There were only 6 families who showed up. And it was cold. The kids did remarkably well and we all were fairly warm except for the insane wind that blew right through the tent. On the way to the campground Jacob decided to sing some songs. He likes the show Bob the Builder and they sing a song with the words "Bob the Builder" and then they say "Can We Fix it Yes We Can!" very enthusiastically. Jacob decided to sing this over and over again, Alan and I were getting a bit annoyed with it (it was going on for about 5 minutes straight with him repeating these phrases over and over again.) But then Samuel said "Jacob quite singing that song. No Jacob he can't fix it. No, no, Jakie Bob can't fix it." He was even more annoyed than us. Jacob just thought it was funny and kept singing. Alan and I tried so hard not to cry laughing because it was so funny to hear them discussing and fighting about the song.

On another note tonight at Dinner Sam made us crack up because I was telling Jacob and Sam that they were cute. Sam looked at me and said, "I'm not cute, I'm handsome." He sure told me. And you are both handsome and cute Sammy we love our boys.

2 comments:

Mark and Adrienne said...

Wow, what a week! You are brave to go camping after all that, I don't know if I would have been up to it. And I don't know how you do it with twins! I babysat a 4 month old and a 2 year old one day this week, so I felt like I had twins with the 2 year old and Cala. It was crazy! I was a brain dead vegetable for the rest of the night after it was over! You're amazing!

K said...

So sad that he was hurt. I have a feeling with two boys it won't be the last visit to the ER unfortunately. They tend to give us a run for our money, and I can only imagine what it will be with twins:) You're awesome parents, and oh so brave to go camping after all you'd been through. Love the FHE too. Swords and lessons that involve them, and blood (i.e. the Ammon and arms story)are always big crowd pleasers at our house too!