Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sammy and Jakie are 3

Yesterday was a big day in our household. Samuel and Jacob woke up excited to open presents. Here are some pictures of them ready to open some presents from Grandma Jane and Boppus.
Here they are exploring some gifts from Moma and Papa.


Here they are with their loot.They played all morning with their toys while I frosted cakes.
Here are the requested dinosaur cakes. As you can see we are not expert at making cakes but the boys loved them and that is really all that matters. Green for Sam and Blue for Jacob of course.

We went out to lunch and swimming in the afternoon and after dinner we had some friends over for cake and ice cream. Thanks to all the parents and kids who came to support our boys. They were so excited to have friends over and to eat cake of course.

Here is Jacob actually getting to blow out his own candles. (Last year Sam blew them out for him, but he didn't seem to mind.)
Sam in mid-blow, the cake was a hit and the boys are now 3. It makes me a little sad to know they aren't little babies anymore, but I am happy they are growing and learning. We love you boys!

11 comments:

K said...

I can't believe they are three! I remember when you guys moved in and you were pregnant with them. Time flies so fast. The cakes look amazing. I'm really impressed with your cake decorating skills. The local bakery does mine:) It looks like they hit the mother lode in the gift department, good for you- less toys to buy:) Happy Birthday to the boys.

Maile said...

Happy Birthday! Time flies by so fast and happy anniversary to you as well!
They are growing fast, looks like they had a great day!

fish family said...

Happy Birthday Samuel and Jacob. I cant believe they are 3 all ready. You did a great job on the cakes. Also Happy Anniversary to you.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Boys! The cakes look great! What a fun day.

Cakes4U said...

Wow! the cakes look awesoome! And I know they are a lot of work. I'm glad the boys had a happy birthday and have lots of new toys to play with and keep them busy. We love you all!!!

Tami H. said...

Whoa Minda! You did an amazing job on those cakes!! They look awesome.
And..... I can't believe those boys are three!

Reid Family said...

I can't believe they are already 3! Seems like yesterday we came to see you in the hospital after they werer born! They are so cute! The cakes are awesome! They have such a talented mommy! We love and miss you all!

Mark and Adrienne said...

I am very impressed with your cake decorating skills, they look great! I can't believe your boys are 3! And Happy Anniversary!

Leah said...

Love the pictures. Love the cakes. Love that you made them their own. Love it all. So cute!

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm so sad I missed their birthday celebration! The cakes are amazing Minda! You are really talented! Telln those boys to stop growing so fast.

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday Boys!

Minda - your cakes rock! I'm forcing you to come up here on Christmas Day to make Lil's bday cake! Forcing You!!! Do you hear me?!

Love you!