Monday, July 13, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know



About a month or so ago our boys were screaming at me to make the car move at a stoplight, so I took the opportunity to teach them that the red light means stop and the green light means go and that I can't move the car when it is red. They really haven't talked about it all that much since. But today we were driving and Jacob said, "Mom the red light means stop." And I said "Yes Jacob that's right." Then he said "and the green light means go." And I said "Yes." And then he said "What does the Yellow light mean?" I was taken a back a bit because I didn't think an almost three year old could pick up on that. We had never talked about the yellow light and he had obviously noticed it and wanted to understand what it meant. It is neat to know that their little minds are working even when I am not teaching them. I am so amazed by them.


Also recently they have been learning their to count with their fingers and they are always holding up their fingers and announcing how many fingers they are holding up. They think they are so cool when they do it too, it's funny.


They are really excited for their birthday in a couple of weeks. Every time we go to walmart or our grocery store they want to look at the toy section so they can see what they want for their birthday. I hope this phase passes after their birthday, but I am afraid it won't.
Here is a picture of our family on the suspension bridge in downtown Waco on the fourth of July. We watched the fireworks that were on the river with some friends. It was a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do the boys want for their birthdays?

Maile said...

They grow-up so fast and learn even faster! It is crazy but so much fun! Gotta love the backseat drivers, right??? Leilani is starting to tell me how to drive now, at 2, great!

Janadt.Huggins said...

I LOVE that they know about stop lights. They are getting so big and wise. Glad you had fun watching the fire works. Still missing you guys.

Courtney said...

Just wait until they start telling you how to drive!

K said...

hi Alan how was your business trip? -From Kaleb

So glad you guys had fun at the fireworks. Your little guys are getting so big:)

Cakes4U said...

I always knew those boys vere smart. Look who they have for parents and grandparents:) We are so excited to see you all soon