Thursday, May 13, 2010

Celebrating


Ever since last summer our boys have been mildly obsessed with going to the chain restaurant Chili's. I don't know exactly why, maybe it was the big chili on the sign that was intriguing to them, I really have no idea. But somewhere along the way Alan and I told them that when Daddy gets a job we would go to Chili's. So then every time we passed a Chili's the boys would remind us that when Daddy got a job we would go to Chili's, this was usually followed by a lot of yeah's and hoorays and clapping. I don't know what exactly they thought would happen when we went to Chili's but they were exited about it. Well, as many of you know Alan took a job offer at a company called Microseismic, it is in Houston and we are moving there in about a month, so we realized we needed to take the boys to Chili's. In fact that was one of the first things they told us when we told them about the job.

Here our the boys and Dad waiting for a table, the boys loved the little device they give you so you know when it's your turn.Sammy and Daddy at our table.
Mommy and Jakie, this kid loves to make funny faces and so it is hard for me to find "nice" pictures of him.

The boys loved coloring before the meal and getting their own cups with straws. I don't know if it met their expectations, but it was nice to celebrate Alan's new job. Congratulations Alan!

8 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Congratulations Alan! We am excited for you guys!

Maile said...

Yeah! What a relief that makes me so happy. Congrats to Alan and good luck with your move. Craziness, especially with a new little one on the way, good luck to you and we can't wait to see you and your darling boys in a month or so!

K said...

K's favorite thing at Chili's is the mac and cheese. He thinks it's special. It says right on the menu Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Seriously, I can buy a case for the same price as on the menu! Congrats on the job- that is fantastic. A new job and a baby in the same month- that's going to be lots of fun!

Janadt.Huggins said...

Ok, I love your boys. I think that's awesome they got so excited about Chili's. Also, congrats to Alan on the job. I'm glad you will still be in TX so we can get together occasionally.

Cakes4U said...

Lucky boys. I haven't even been to Chili's yet. Maybe someday.

Brad and Cathy said...

It looks like you had a better time a Chili's than I did the last time I went. Congratulations on the new job. We are excited to welcome Nathan into the family.

Unknown said...

Hi Minda and Family,
We miss you guys and hope all is well. I know "D"-day is nearing and I am so excited for you. Congrats on the job in Houston. What a cool place to live. We can't wait to see pictures of the new baby.
Marissa Garner (not Mike)

Kara said...

Your boys are so grown up! Congrats on baby #3 :)