Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Stitches

Samuel had a little accident this week, he was running around with a blanket over his head and he ran right into Grandma Jane's cedar chest, (of course we tell him over and over again not to put blankets over his head, but he never listens.) He bit his lip and almost bit through the skin, but luckily it didn't and so there is no need for stitches, thank goodness. Anyway, I am glad Alan was there when it happened, I don't know if I could handled it if he wasn't there, I am not good with blood. But our Samuel is fine and his lip is healing. The day it happened he said "Mommy, Sammy lip hurt, Sammy fall Grandma Jane Chest." Of course it sounded funny because his lip had swelled to twice the usual size, but at least we know he is alright.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I am glad he's okay!!

Andrew & Naoko said...

Way to take it like a man, Samuel. We're glad he's ok.

K said...

Sorry to say this, but I think this is just the beginning, two boys, you're time is coming! K cut his lip after he jumped off the sidewalk at Aggie ice cream because he was trying to do a flip. I think we were lucky it was just a cut lip and a goose egg (he was with another Mom not me and she was horrified) Anyway, they glued it together and it healed pretty well. There's a thin line that serves as a reminder. Besides, scars are cool right? Well, at least if you're a boy!

Maile said...

Glad to know he is okay. Brady had a horrible fall back in March and knocked his 2 front teeth loose and I thought for sure he was going to lose them or discolor them. His scarring is getting better with Mederma and his teeth are fine. He flipped over a ledge in a shopping cart and man was I grateful that my mom was there with me. I couldn't even think. It reminded me to listen to those promptings and hopefully we will all survive!

Audge said...

Wow, I can't believe your boys are almost two! Sometimes it seems like just yesterday we were sharing that ghetto apartment in Egypt with the o-so-comfortable beds. Wow. Besides the cedar chest incident I am glad to hear that you and yours are doing well!

Brad and Cathy said...

Minda and Alan give the boys hugs for us. Thanks for your recent visit.