Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Felt Tent

So I was recently inspired by one of our friends blogs (Missy and Lyndon to be precise) where she made a tent for her girls out of felt. I have long had a fascination with the little felt food I had seen on etsy and thought that the idea was great but I really didn't have the desire to actually make anything out of felt until I saw Missy's blog and the wonderful job she did. I looked online and found some ideas and this is what I came up with. I have been working on it for a while and just recently finished (for the most part) it. (I still have to make the corn to go on the stalk.)
Front door, mail box and bird feeder
The garden, with carrots, cabbage, soon to be corn, and flowers. All the pieces remove and that is the kids favorite thing about it.
Apple tree with basket, the apples are supposed to go in the basket when not on the tree, but they usually end up as ammo for the boys to throw at each other.
The fish pond, the fish have paper clips in the mouths so the boys can use their magnetic fishing rod to catch them.
The boys enjoying one of the windows, as you can see the flowers didn't stay in the flower box either.

This was a fun project but I am glad it is almost completed, it took a lot of figuring out. And don't look too close because I made a lot of mistakes, but the kids don't seem to care.

15 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW!!! I want to make one too! What did you use for your form? Did you buy wood or is it set up over a table? Please post some more details.

Reid Family said...

You are simply amazing! So crative I'm jealous! I bet the boys love it!!!

Maile said...

That is darling! I love it! What an amazing mom to take the time to make that, just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Robinson Family said...

Wow! you are amazing. That is so cute.I bet your boys love it!

Gunnell Family said...

Courtney it is over my kitchen table, which I believe is the same table you have, it really wasn't hard to do, just a bit time consuming.

Joni and Chase said...

Wow Minda! That is sooo cool and creative! It is like a life size quiet book as Chase said! I love it! Great Job!

Beth said...

Hey, that's really neat! Maybe when my Sammy gets older I'll make one for him, too.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Did you sew the whole thing though? I would totally be hot-gluing this... I am so lazy!

Katie G. said...

Minda this is fantastic!!! You did an awesome job. I'm way impressed!!!

K said...

Oh my word, you are very impressive! I love all the felt food too. Unfortunately if I gave that to K, he would wonder what was wrong with me. We're so past the age when that stuff is fun. I can't tell you how cute that is though. Well done.

Cakes4U said...

This is so cute and such a good idea. You did an awesome job on it and I know your kids will love it for years to come. Great job!!

Leah said...

I have 2 words. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

The Olsons said...

Love the tent! It is on my to do list.

Elizabeth said...

That is so cute! I bet they love it! Did you sew it or glue it together? (You know how much craft knowledge I have.)

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

you're too clever! Seriously...don't leave me alone in enrichment...please don't leave!