Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch and the Zoo

Yesterday Alan took the day off of school and we went to a "Pumpkin Patch" about a 30 minute drive away. When we got there we realized it wasn't really just a Pumpkin Patch (this was all they had for a pumpkin patch) but it was a lot of little activities for the kids.
(Believe it or not this was the best picture of the boys I could get with the pumpkins)

They had a cow ride, the boys rode all by themselves and loved it. Afterward Jacob informed me that he was very proud of himself, maybe that isn't the best thing to teach him.

They had a golfing area, but the boys are still not very good at that, and also this duck race area. The boys loved this. They raced their ducks using the pumps and Jacob again was very proud of himself, clapping and shouting when the duck got to the other end.

Sam struggling with the whole race concept.
Jacob intently focusing on the race.
They had a hayride and we had fun with our friends that were also there at the farm.

A couple of days ago the boys and I went to the zoo. I realized it had been a while since we had taken pictures of them at the zoo, so I brought the camera along with me. The boys with Nemo, although Nemo seems to be missing in action.
This is the boys at the new exhibit at the zoo. We got new orangutans and a kamodo dragon at the zoo and they have statues of each.
Here are the boys on the Chinese horses they have to go along with the whole Asian theme of the exhibit.

These are the kids we went with minus Brody. I love this action shot of Brylie and Atticus, it was the only shot I got with all four of them.

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

You are so good to remember a camera...my mind is slowly dissolving in my head, I'm afraid! I'm so glad we could hang out at both the pumpkin patch and zoo! We love hanging out with you guys!!

Cakes4U said...

spergWow! I am proud of you boys too. Your outings look like a lot of fun for all of you. I wish I could be there to go with you.

K said...

Smiling about the pumpkin patch photos. I tried yesterday with K, same results:) Your zoo looks like it is a great one. It has been years since we made it to the zoo. I keep thinking one day we'll make it back. Darling photos.

Mark and Adrienne said...

It's funny how your corn maze had the exact same things that our corn maze, even that water pump/trough thing...but did you have pig races? That's the crucial part :) Looks like you guys had lots of fun! And I've been meaning to call you too.

Lyndon said...

I love the horse pictures

Elizabeth said...

Your blog is so cute and you guys do so many fun things!!! Love ya!