Saturday, October 11, 2008

What we've been up to

Well, I just realized it has been a while since I blogged, I guess I am not good at keeping up with this. Here are some things we have been doing. Alan attended a conference in Houston where he was able to have some interviews for internships, which was exciting. The boys have finally felt better after a bought with fever which kept them sick over conference and into the week. I have been busily working on getting the boys Halloween outfits finished (finally finished today, hooray) and getting the house in order for Moma and Papa's visit (the boys are very excited.) Other than that, we have gone to the zoo, to the children's museum, and to a local outlet mall where I got a bunch of clothes for the boys for next year for $1.59 a pop, I was so excited.


Here are some pictures of some things going on in our lives:

The boys are sitting at the table now, no more highchair trays for them. However, every morning the local farms' roosters and hens go out and about into the neighborhood crowing and scaring our boys, this generally happens while they are eating breakfast. I usually can mask the sound with tv news or music, but usually once during the morning the roosters crow right next to the window the boys eat breakfast at, here are the boys hapily eating without any roosters in sight. Every morning we wake up to the boys saying, "no hear rooster in the morning." They hate their morning wake up call, but, they do love to watch them.

The boys all ready to go before our early morning walk. Every morning the boys and I meet up with the local ladies on the block to walk around the block. We have up to seven ladies and their kids, it is a lot of fun.

Samuel and Jacob love laundry day. They love helping mommy do laundry, but they especially love to play with the laundry baskets which are finally empty on laundry day.
One of the boys favorite things to do is to make towers and to build houses with their blocks. Here are the boys in action.


Like I mentioned earlier I have been busy making Halloween costumes for the boys, they are going to be dinosaurs, here are the boys trying their costumes out.

I don't have a lot of pictures of myself with my boys, so I made Alan take this one so that I could let them know that yes I really was around when they were little.
For Family Home Evening this week we had a lesson on good things and bad things that make us happy or sad, I used this apple tree Moma made us (thank you Mom) to show how we can be good apples. The boys loved it and were so excited to pick apples and to have a turn.
Because Alan was home a lot this week we ended up having a lot of down time, and so the boys sometimes didn't get dressed until later in the day, here are the boys eating lunch still in their jammies. Jacob thought it was hilarious to take the cheese out of his grilled cheese sandwhich, and to stick it on his head, later Samuel followed suit. They sure can entertain each other.


And that is what we have been up to!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the costumes! You are so ambitious. I like the apple tree idea- I think we might have to do something like that for family home evening.
We already want to know if we can borrow a Dino costume in a few years for Ben?

rick and cheryl said...

You have been busy! I think you should come and make some costumes for my kids, I stink at it. I second the great FHE idea. I think we will have to try that also. Looks like you are having lots of fun!

fish family said...

Fantastic job on the Halloween costumes!!! They look great. Looks like you are having a good time. Good job on finding great deals. I love those when you find them.

Maile said...

What a seamstress! I have all of these sister-in-laws that sew and I can barely make curtains! Maybe someday I will take a class or something and use my machine more, I bet your mom would like that!
Cute costumes and don't you love how there aren't any pictures of mom? I go through the same thing and have to remind Bryce to take pictures of me with the kids every now and then!

SP said...

we love the updates!

Robinson Family said...

Your dinosaur costumes are so cute! You are seriously amazing. What are your guys plans for Halloween? Anything fun?

Glenda said...

Those costumes are incredible!! You have quite the talent Miss Minda!! Can't wait to see you guys!

K said...

Ok, you are amazing. I can't believe you sewed their costumes. You are my hero. The family evening lesson looks like it was awesome. I should do that lesson with my son. I think he could use a nice review:) I love that you got a photo with the boys. No doubt they will know you were around, you're awesome, but still it's always nice to have a photo or two of yourself.

Cakes4U said...

Those are wonderful dinosaur costumes. The boys wearing them are especially cute. I am insanely jealous of Brad and Kathy being there in person to see you guys and do fun things with you. I would love to come so badly. It will happen!! Samuel and Jacob look older to me. They change so quickly at this age. Love you all and miss you.

LOVE Grandma Jane