Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Accident Just Waiting to Happen


Ok, so I think it is obvious that I am not a perfect parent, although my kids have only had minor scrapes and bruises for the most part (Sam almost broke his arm one time jumping off the couch) I know that being the mother of 3 boys sometime I am going to have to deal with some kind of major accident or something involving my boys and blood (I am not looking forward to this and Alan knows he will have to take care of this when it ever happens.)

I know it is inevitable some time in their lives, but now I am starting to think that Nathan is going to really give me a run for my money. This kid has been holding his head up practically since birth and standing since birth. If you have ever held him you know that he LOVES to stand. He started rolling over from front to back at almost a month and a half. Yesterday I noticed that he was starting to get to the point where he could roll over from back to front, but I really thought he was still a month away, I mean he is only 3 months old. Well, I should have taken what I saw yesterday and taken it to heart and not put him on the couch this morning and walk away. I was making breakfast and I heard him cooing happily and thought he was fine, but all of a sudden he started screaming, I thought the boys might have jumped on him or something, but no, he had rolled from his back to his front and then from his front onto the floor. He is all right, luckily the couch is not very tall.

But if this is the way things are going I don't even want to know what will happen when he is crawling at 5 or 6 months, with his brothers (who never look in front of them when they are running, they are completely oblivious to anything around them, especially little old ladies in the grocery store who they always seem to run into despite my constant attempts to warn them that they are about to run into someone) running all around a little crawling baby I can just see what my future lies. I feel bad for poor Nathan, but if he would just stop growing and stay my little baby then this would not be a problem, too bad that is not going to happen, he is already grown up so fast he doesn't feel like my little baby anymore. Well I guess all I can do is pray that he isn't injured too bad and try to teach my boys how to watch out where they are going.

8 comments:

jess and scott said...

Just looking through blogs. Kate my second was the same way. She was crawling at four months walking a little before 10. She's still crazy active. It's amazing though she never get's hurt because she seems to be in very good control of her body if that makes since, not clumsy. Hopefully Nathan will be the same way. They're a lot more durable then we think :) Beautiful family. Glad you guys are doing well.

Maile said...

They always seems to survive, somehow! He will be off and running in no time, he just wants to keep up with the older boys! Good luck!

Reid Family said...

We're glad Nathan is ok! He just wants in on the play action with his older brothers :)

Courtney said...

He's just got to catch up to those big boys!

Mark and Adrienne said...

Wow, that is scary! I can't believe he's rolling over already! And I hear you on dreading the blood, me too, but it just seems inevitable with boys :)

Cakes4U said...

Ha ha! I hated the blood and always cringed when I heard a cry or scream. Alan stood in his crib before 6 months and crawled by 6mos. These early movers really keep us hopping.

Stamp With Linz said...

Lucy rolled off the bed last week! I had pillows all around her and she was sleeping...that is, until she rolled off. Good thing for those pillows!

Liz said...

Wow he is a crazy busy guy! Good luck with everything!