Thursday, February 18, 2010

30!?!?


So I have to say I had serious doubts about turning 30, it isn't like turning 30 makes you suddenly old or anything, but for some reason I was really dreading it. I have to admit I moped around a little every time anyone mentioned it (ie: Alan).
Alan asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and we decided we would go out to lunch while our wonderful friends Hallie and Jason watched our kids and then we would go out and buy me some new shoes which I desperately needed. The morning of my birthday I awoke late to a semi clean house and Alan making a chocolate cake. Then I was showered with gifts from Alan and the boys, (Alan went a little overboard this year on the gifts.)
Alan continued to clean up the house and we relaxed a bit until our friends came to watch the boys. Our lunch was wonderful (Chuy's is pretty good food, a little crowded, but good.) I actually found some shoes I liked and then Alan kept telling me we should go walk around the mall for a bit. I didn't understand why he would ever suggest that since he HATES the mall. I told him I would rather go to another store and get some stuff I needed since we were close by.
We got home and there Hallie was grabbing the stuff from my arms as soon as I walked in the door and then a bunch of wonderful friends jumped out and yelled "Surprise!!!"
I was completely surprised too, I had no idea. I thought Hallie had planned this whole thing, but she didn't know any of these friends so I was really confused until someone said Alan had planned it all. He was so sweet to do that, and everyone was so nice to participate in my birthday festivities. It was fun to talk to everyone and Alan did a great job on the cake.

9 comments:

K said...

How nice of your hubby to plan a party for you. I remember 30 being a hard milestone for me to face. Now I'm dreading 40! Glad you had a great birthday.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

He always was such a thoughtful person. Glad to see he made your big 3-0 a wonderful one! You deserve it! Way to go Alan for pulling all of that off.

Marisa said...

Alan is such a great guy! How sweet. Looks like fun!

Elizabeth said...

That's so cute! What a fun day!

Stamp With Linz said...

It was fun to celebrate such a fun friend. :)

Cakes4U said...

You've had some fun times these past 2 months. Way to go Alan for the fun birthday celebration for Minda. Love you guys!

Reid Family said...

That's so sweet of you Alan! I'm glad you had a great b-day Minda!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a good hubby. I can't believe how big the boys are and how long your hair is. You look great by the way!

Tami H. said...

What an awesome birthday Minda! Glad you have such a thoughtful husband, who has some mad surprise party planning skills! Happy birthday!