Thursday, December 4, 2008

Deck the Halls and Noodles

For family home evening this week we decorated our Christmas tree. The boys were so excited!
Jacob and the tree
Mommy and the boys decorating the tree
We also gave the boys Ramen noodles for the first time. When I was a kid my mom would bribe us to be good with what she called Crazy Noodles. She would only let us eat these when we were really good. I didn't know until later that her Crazy noodles were really Ramen noodles and that other people complain about having to eat them. Aw the innocence of childhood. Our boys loved to play with them, they didn't eat too many of them, but they did enjoy them overall.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Our babysitter growing up taught us to call the Ramen noodles worms, so that what I've always known them as. I have heard Rich call them crazy noodles. Glad to see you have your tree up... we have yet to do that.

Reid Family said...

That's a good idea! I will have to try crazy noodles for Gavin. He watches aunt Meg eat them all the time. Right now they are known as Meg's noodles. The tree looks beautiful!

Mark and Adrienne said...

That's so funny about your "crazy" noodles. I always hated ramen as a kid. Maybe if I only give my kids vegetables when they are really really good, then they will love them :)

K said...

K still loves Ramen. It's a big favorite on Sunday afternoons. Love the Christmas tree and it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!

Sara said...

Hey guys! We have a blog too. It is nice to hear how you are doing. Hope everything is going well for you!